Working as Chenara Hypnotherapy, Cary Charles offers a wide variety of life-enhancing clinically safe hypnotherapy sessions in the centre of Taunton, helping with everything from learning self-hypnosis, smoking, weight management, anxiety and phobia reduction, enhanced confidence and performance for work or sport, pain reduction or removal etc.
Sessions are tailored to your individual need(s) and goal(s), free of judgement, confidential and where possible, evidence based. The process begins with a free assessment either by telephone or in person, to ensure that you are likely to respond well and benefit from the experience. The conversation also aims to correct entertainment 'control' myths and heighten awareness that you can in many ways be your own solution. Sessions aim to empower, with self-hypnosis usually being taught at session one - which in some cases is the only session necessary as this therapy can often be brief.
Unlike many hypnotherapists, Cary Charles has a highly appropriate background which began at age 21 co-directing an alternative therapy centre and facilitating hypnotherapy and meditation sessions. He later gained clinical experience in various specialties at Guys & St. Thomas' Hospitals (London) and a GP practice (practice nursing.) This increases clinical safety as he is more likely than most to notice undiagnosed clinical health issues which may require referral and investigation. Where necessary, GPs and other healthcare specialists can be liaised with, if you desire this.
Choose Chenara Hypnotherapy for safe, down-to-earth, affirming, enjoyable and often very effective sessions. Get in touch.
- Nearest parking
- Crescent Car Park for all session durations, or for sessions under 2 hours Castle Car Park or Sainsburys Car Park.
- Therapy setting
- Sessions are booked in advance and given in the prestigious Exchange House setting, with waiting facilities. Rooms are booked upon request.
- Relevant qualifications
- Adult Nursing DipHE
Clinical Hypnosis CPPD (London College of Clinical Hypnosis, Thames Valley University)
Clinical Hypnotherapy DCHyp (University of West London / London College of Clinical Hypnosis, MSc level)
- Professional bodies
- British Society of Clinical Hypnosis (BSCH)
- Additional interests
- Arts, creativity, self-expression, resolution of inner conflict etc.
- GLBT friendly. All nationalities welcome, although client must be able to express and understand English with ease and clarity for sessions to work. Disabled access is possible in many instances - please contact for more details.
- Safety issues
- Hypnotherapy helps many people every day, but evidence suggests caution regarding those with epilepsy, psychotic disorders (e.g. bipolar disorders, schizophrenia etc.) and depression originating from organic causes, as opposed to being a reaction to a specific life event. Whilst some treat those with such conditions, Chenara Hypnotherapy does not in the interest of ensuring safety.
- Confidential GP contact
- Yes, available if you request it. Certain physical conditions may also require confirmation of absence of above listed contraindications (e.g. epilepsy, psychosis or organic depression) before sessions commence - in the interest of your safety.
- Fully insured